Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Columns in Pagemaker 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam560

Programmer
Sep 10, 2006
AU
I am writing a newspaper in Pagemaker and am used to publisher. To create columns in Pagemaker do you have to create seperate text boxed and have the text flow between them or can you create a single text box like in publisher and then divide it into columns.

Thanks,

Adam

adam - One way to do this is with separate text boxes. If you use the column guides (under layout) they're pretty easy to control. The red arrow at the bottom of the text box will show that there's more text so you click on the red arrow then click at the top of the next column and the text will flow into the second column.

The other way is to set up and link text frames. You draw two text frames. Click on the bottom of the first text frame and you'll get a little link symbol then click on the second text frame. Now when you flow your text into the first text frame it will automatically flow into the second text frame. You just have to change the stroke/fill of the text frame if you don't want borders showing.

...kim

The trick is to plan and create a template with master pages defining your layout rather than "make it up as you go". The same goes for your paragraph styles and colours.

You can use either columns or frames to direct the text flow though the publication. Probably because I started using PM before Adobe introduced frames, I prefer the freestyle textboxes.

The PM userguide is good at describing the detail, most of which is replicated in PM's Helpfiles.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Slim John,

I see you have a new moniker! How much did you loose?

Daniel

About 37Kg - click on my name.

37Kg is what our two suitcases weighed when we went on holiday. I'm so pleased I'm not permanently carrying them any more.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy, although I know that's not a real excuse.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help, it's going smoothly now.

Cheers,

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back