Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CO Trunks and BARS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmg

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2007
US
Yet another silly question for my lab environment...

Say I have two CO trunks where each trunk has been "assigned" to a group. Calls that come in via CO trunk A route to group A, and calls that come in via CO trunk B route to group B.

Is it possible to structure BARS/NARS so that these groups have access to both trunks for outbound calls, but when they place a call it uses "their" line first? When group A calls outbound, CO trunk A is preferred, and when group B calls outbound CO trunk B is preferred?

You can do a number of things.

In LD 86 under ESN, set e.g. AC1 = 9 and AC2 = 8. Make sure that AC2 is set against the other BARS entry.
Otherwise, use a different ACOD for each trunk.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

what version of software? if on one of the later versions you could maybe use Zone Base Routing, maybe a bit much and like Firebird mentions using AC1 or AC2 to split your calls might be simplest. Other than that maybe pre-translation that way routing 9 differently so that it would be transparent to the users, Group A dial 9 and it goes to AC1 9, Group B dial 9 and its pre-translated to 8 and goes to AC2.

If you want both users to dial a single access code like 9 then no, you cant do that. It will always look at Entry 0 first and then if that's unavailable it will step through E1, E2, and so on. They only way to restrict is with TGAR and TARG but that blocks it all the time. Using 2 different access codes doesn't really solve your problem or fit your scenario but may be the simplest thing to do. After all, you said it was a Lab environment so just use 2 different routes.

I mentioned release as if you have ZFDP then you can build them in 2 separate number zones and can route 9 into SPN with a Prefix that can be different for each group and go out on the relevant trunk.

simple example

numberzone 1
new ZFDP 1 9 spn 100

numberzone 2
new zfdp 2 9 spn 200

SPN
100 RLI to route 1 dmi to delete 3
200 RLI to route 2 dmi to delete 3

But as everyone one has mentioned depends what you are trying to achieve, simple or to prove one of the features like Pre Translations, Number Zones, etc.

Sorry, I was away last week.

The M1 is running version 2121 release 3. I will look into ZFDP and see if this is an option as it sounds like it might do what I want.

Basically what I'm looking to do is set CO trunk preference for certain stations. So with a pool of three CO trunks for example, when a user places an outside call I'd like some sets to hunt for an available trunk starting with CO trunk 1 and working upwards, and some sets to hunt for an available trunk starting with CO trunk 3 working backwards. Alternatively, I'd like some sets to prefer a given CO trunk and if it's not available try whatever is available. Hopefully this makes sense.

You wont have ZFDP, if you want them to dial a single code 9 for example, but need to share trunks in different orders (TGAR/TARG doesn't work for this, it would if the trunks were not shared) I would say Pre-translation

Numbers don't matter much just an example

AC1 set to an unused number say 88
Group 1
pre translate 9 to 8801
SPN's all starting 01xxx etc. to RLI that lists the trunks you want in the order you want

Group 2
pre translate 9 8802
SPN all prefix 02 different RLI trunks in different order

think about the numbering and what works best for you

Hm! This sounds like it may do what I want. I'll give this a shot and report back. Thanks, bignose21!

obviously the DMI for those RLI's needs to remove the 2 digit prefix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back