Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix client problems. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vroodal

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2004
CA
I am having a problem on one of my domain workstations.

Problem Description:
1) A user logs into that machine (either administrator or regular user).
2) They access citrix via URL
3) They enter thier credentials and get to the applications page.
4) They click on any application and the connection looks like its being established and then nothing happens.
5) Problem happens to any user that logs into the system.

Actions taken:
1) Removed and reinstalled citrix client
2) Telnet from client machine to citrix server on 1494 returns ICA response.
3) Upgraded to ver 8.0
4) Downgraded to previous versions.

Thanks,
Vish.

vroodal,
It sounds like you might have issues with the server handing out a license to the client.
Go to step 2 and 3 on your problem description. Once the webinterface page comes up with the published apps, right click and hit "save as" and save the ica file to your desktop. Open the ica file with note pad and look at the server you are trying 2 connect to.
Once you do that, rdp or ica into the server and open the event viewer. From the client, double-click the ica file and it should try 2 connect to the specified server within the ica file.

I've seen issues where the ica file will launch but nothing happens and it just sits there. Usually it generates an event on the server saying it can't issue client license.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

I did what you sadi and I found the following in the application log of the citrix server:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1028
Date: 10/21/2004
Time: 8:04:20 PM
User: N/A
Computer: server
Description:
The terminal server client server has been disconnected because its license could not be renewed.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Try this on the client PC...this will force the renewel of the TS Cal on the PC:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing
3. Delete the whole MSLicensing key from the registry.
4. Quit Registry Editor.
5. Connect to the Terminal Services server.

I just want to thank mjbianco15. your answer help me out also. I was having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back