Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Citrix and Java webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheida

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
We've got a user that goes out to a website and enters purchase order stuff for a company they do business with. The applications on the website are Java based. There is one particular point at which she is required to save an item. When the "Save" button is clicked it immediately grays out and you can tell it's thinking about doing something. Then after a little bit a message pops up saying that you've successfully saved a copy of this document and you have to click OK. That's what's supposed to happen and does happen when I run from my laptop or even directly off the Citrix server. But, when she is connected across our WAN, on a thin client, through an ICA connection, the little success screen never pops up but the other screens act like you need to push the OK button. I've run into weird things like this before relating to Java but the Citrix element is throwing me for a loop

Is there any way that the application is programed to Save to a particular drive letter?

Something like C:\reports (not sure of your drive letters). I have seen this when users do not allow Citrix to see their local drives and an app is not using variables. The Thin client would not have local drives mapped where the LapTop and Citrix server would.

Just a thought.

Mike Brown

Looks like it turned out to be the Java version. We found in a Citrix KB that PS4 only supports so high a version of Java. We rolled all of our Citrix servers back to the latest supported version, restarted, and it worked. It works so I haven't really thought too much else about it. Thanks for the thoughts though, that is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back