Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco Third-Party Hardware List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2004
US
Is there a Cisco document or webpage that outlines a complete list of Third-party hardware platforms that are supported by Cisco for CallManager and other IP Telephony applications like Call Center?

Thanks in advanced!

cf

Thanks! Here is a follow-up question.

I want to install either CallManager or Cisco Contact Center on the following hardware:

HP Proliant DL360 G4

I don't see that on the list, so I don't know if this is supported or not?

Thank you

cf

I am not sure about the Contact Centre but for CallManager the DL360 isn't a supported platform and won't (legitimately) install. CallManager up to 4.2 runs on Windows 2000 Server, however the OS install is customised and provided by Cisco. If it detects unsupported hardware it simply won't install. CCM 4.3 is essentially the same as 4.2 however the OS is Windows 2003 Server, again it is a customised install provided by Cisco and won't install on unsupported hardware. CCM 5 & 6 run on RedHad linux, but again it is a customised install and the install routine detects the hardware platform, if it's unsupported it won't install. The only caveat to this is VMWare - if CCM 6 detects the hardware as a VMWare guest (the guest environment has to be configured in a specific way as well I think?) then it will install but gives a warning about it being a test or non production server.

There are hacks around to get the OS looking like a real Cisco Windows 2000 install and so the CCM 3 or 4 install will work, however I have never had a 'perfect' installation doing it this way. There is usually some IIS or other error.

HTH

Andy

The HP Proliant DL360 G* isn't a supported platform, neither for CallManager (Communications Manager), or IPCC Express (UCCX)!

The Cisco WinOS install CD/DVD's, used for CallManager 3.*, 4.1 and 4.2 and IPCC Express 3.* and 4.*, uses a (hardware) detection mechanism and a certain way to transfer the OS on the supported models (it gives you an error and stops installing on unsupported models).

Using hacks to VMWare for production environments is not something to recommend.

On you can check which "3'rd party " platforms are supported.

Regards,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back