Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cisco 640-822 testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

calidude2

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2010
US
I took the Cisco 640-822 ICND1 but I still failed with a score of 800 because the passing score is 804 ! why 804 ? why can it be 820, 850 or something, why 804 ? I was always told it was 800....any thoughts to these ?

Study harder? :p. If it was 820 or 850 or something you'd still have failed.

@calidude2: You seem more like a Microsoft guy. They have much easier exams.

CCNP

I know how you feel. I've failed a few exams over the years by about that much. It really sucks. The good news is you are close, and hopefully you can knock it out the next time. I do strongly suggest, not letting too much time pass, or worry about how close you were. Hit the books/lab a bit more, and you can get there.

I believe the passing score changes depending on when you take the exam, however most people say it is about 80%, generally. When I took ICND1 the passing exam was higher than 80%, and when I took ICND2, it was even higher.

study / review for 2 weeks and take the exam again. Schedule the exam soon so you don't forget everything!!!

Practice subnetting until you can do it fast and accurately.

and will help tremendously.

Don't get discouraged. Study for 2 more weeks and you will be past this exam and onto the next!

I'd say it's rare to take two Cisco exams with the same pass mark. :)

It's *about* 800 points for a pass. It changes all the time. Prepare for the exam with the mindset that you need to get everything right.

If if makes you feel any better though, I once had to retake an exam when I was that close before too, so I know your pain.

CCNP, CCDP

I missed an exam with less than 1 point 789/790. Big deal. The passing score is non-negotiable and it will vary from one exam to another. When you start your exam you will have the passing score you need for your particular form. If you retake an exam, you may have a totally different passing score which may be higher or lower depending on the question bank. Study harder and prep more. If the exams were easy, anyone could do them and the certs would be meaningless.

I understand this completely. Back in the good old days of Netware, I could fail a CNE exam by that much, then wait one day, and take it again and pass - simply because of the way a question was worded, or, I got a question I didn't know the first time, and got one I did know the next time. I know we're not supposed to say luck is involved, but sometimes.................................

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back