Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Checking Historical Workload Logs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngiggs

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
I am attempting to determine whether or not a job ran on 11/23, however, as far as I can tell, the logs only go back to 11/24. I am looking in /unicenter/sche/log/servername, but I'm not sure if there are any more logs that I can check or if there is some other way to query whether or not the job in question ran that particular day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

john

What about looking at the main console logs on your workload management server (opr/logs)? If the job ran, you should see a start - complete message

Jonno,

I'm not sure what logs you are referring to? The only logs that I am aware of reside in /unicenter/sche/log/servername. If there is another location where the logs are stored, can you please provide the full pathname?

Thanks,

John

I mean on the workload server.
If you are running workload then you should / may also have event management running on the same server.
The logs that I am on about are the main console logs that are used by event management (and workload and everything else).
/unicenter/opr/logs should be the path to the logs files.
And there will be lots of files with the date as the file extension. like this - oplog.20030920

You can view these using "more" but there will be lots of strange chars flying around.

Best to view them from an admin client using "caugui conlog".
You can verify whether event management is installed and running by running "unifstat" which is probably in /unicenter/bin
And you should see a line like this:
CA-Event Manager 18221 running

Thanks, Jonno!! I wasn't aware that those logs even existed as I am new to Workload. I actually used the command strings to display the logs which works well. Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back