Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing multiple text layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

genecos

Technical User
Nov 26, 2009
US
If I want to change the font for multiple text layers all at once, how do I do so?

Thanks,Gene

Select all the text layers you need to change by using the Layers palette. Just Ctrl-click (Cmd-click on the Mac) on the name of each layer you need, not the thumbnail.

With each layer selected, click the Type tool, and change the font in either the Options bar along the top, or the Character palette. Each setting you change will apply to all selected text layers.

This is what I've been told before, but it doesn't work.
If I CTRL click... all it does is select the text and put "running ants" around it. The other text is not affected at all. If I click the other text layer it just
switches the ants to that layer.

I'm in an old version: PS7. It may not work there, or my program is corrupted.

Thanks...........any other ideas????

Can't remember PS7, but certainly in newer versions, the "running ants" only appear if you CTRL-click the thumbnail images in the layers palette. Did you try CTRL-clicking just the name of each layer instead?

...also, if the text layers are all beside each other, you could try clicking on the top one, and shift-clicking the bottom one to select both, plus all layers in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back