Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing DN's and mailbox problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbl

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
I had two users (A & B) switch offices. I did a DN change successfully. Both users get their calls properly. They also get their voicemail OK except under these circumstances. When a call comes in from outside after hours and the caller enters the extension number, the call to A goes to B mailbox and calls to B goes to A mailbox. This same thing happens when a voicemail message is transferred internally.

I figure it needs a reboot to accept changes. I tried doing a graceful shutdown using F915, but that feature is disabled. I tried F915 through 950 and it doesn’t show up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps. I have also deleted and recreated the mailboxes.

I have had this happen before. To prevent this from happening go into voicemail programming, change the extention numbers on the mailboxes to something else (I use 105 and 106) release from voicemail programming, do the change dn in telephone programming, then go back to voicemail programming and change the mailbox extentions back to the way they were...

To solve this after happening, you are right the power does need to be cycled on the voicemail. You may have a flash voicemail that dosn't have the feature 915...

Why didn't you turn set relocation on and have them unplug their phones and move them?

>Why didn't you turn set relocation on and have them unplug their phones and move them?

A good point, but I didn't know which way was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back