Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Reporting - Calls to specific numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

philmartin79

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
GB
Hi All,

I have been tasked with finding out how many calls we make between our Australian, European, Asian and ME CUCM Clusters, so that I can sell setting up intercluster trunking between them for cost savings. I know the benefits of SIP trunking do not just stop at cost savings, but unfortunately (as I imagine many of you experience) the people who make the decisions are only interested in the budget figures.

So with that in mind I need to know how to run a report along the lines of:

All numbers in the European CUCM to Honk Kong - Tokyo - Bangkok - Shanghai - Seoul.

So can anyone tell me how to run a report from 'all' to specific numbers, maybe starting 00 81 for Tokyo, then another report for 'all' dialling 00 852 for Hong Kong etc.

Not used the CDR reporting element so dont really know my way around it. Or even if you can report on specific numbers dialled?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure if your setup includes any third party billing system. If it does, then it will be fairly easy as you can run reports based on dialed destinations / Trunks etc.

If you are putting your hopes purely on the internal CDR reports in the CUCM then take out the complete excel file & then do filtering based on the dialed digits / country codes etc. You can also use MS access & then you can manipulate / customize the data in much easier way.

I have just started integrating CUCM with my Ericsson (Aastra) system and fairly less familiar with full options & billing was found to be a real hassle until I identified a work around.

I hope some experts can shed more light on your needs.

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

If you do not have an external CDR tool etc, you can always talk to your telco and ask them to run a report over a specific period of time, it is just a manipulation of the billing information they already collect. The added benefits being that they will be able to give you the exact costs for each call too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back