Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP calls fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
I am trying to connect to a audiocodes mediant 1000b with a 81c/pri tie line. We have the connection up with NI2/DID, and also had it up with QSIG tie lines. The dch and span seem fine but calls are being blocked somehow from hitting the far end. The audiocodes gateway does not see any calls hitting the trunks. We see our channel being grabbed and the cdp extension dialed, but calls fail with a fast busy. I am trying to see if we have any tenant software set up that could be blocking these calls but have not found any issues with that yet. Any ideas?

The easiest thing to do to see if it works is dial the ACOD of the PRI and then dial an extension on the far end. That way you rule out a CDP issue. Make sure you have your D-Channel on one end set up as Network and the other end set up as the CPE Equipment. QSIG should alleviate this and works well.

Yes we traced the calls and have the dch messaging turned on. I see the calls hit our channels, dials the cdp digits and then it fails. I tried the acod and made sure the tgar is not an issue, but same thing, fails with fast busy. I also tried using the maintenance set and no good. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

I think you have a protocol issue but also make sure one end is set up NET and the other end User

Yes without the net and user set up the right way the dch never comes up. We switched this setting around between the 2 systems but it did not make a difference. Thanks again. Would tenant software be blocking this in anyway?

I have only used Tenant Software once in 30 years and that was the same PBX being shared between a Sheraton Hotel and the attached Convention Center. But if the trunks are in 1 Tenant and the Phones in another Tenant then yes, that would block it. Only some resources are shared between Tenants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back