Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD PLAYBACK ISSUES 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1fix

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
Got a question about CD burning. I have copied some CD's and downloaded some music (Bearshare.com) and I have saved on hard drive as a MP3 files. When I burn song(s) it works on my computer and on my daughter's radio, but not in any other radios including factory radio in my car. When I put the CD in the car, as long as I have only one song on CD-RW disc it will play, but it takes a while to load and you cannot fast forward through the song. I have played other CD-Rs that have been burned from another computer fine. I have just a standard CD burner that came with my Compaq computer, and I have used Windows Media Player, RealOne, and another program that came with computer and they all have same results. I also have changed speed setting from 1X through fastest setting. Could the problem be:

1. Radios I try to playback music on is not MP3 compatible.

2. CDRs that I use OK now have been converted from MP3 to WAV file already (I haven't checked yet?)

3. Are there any downloads that would help??

thanks

I think the answer may be in your post. You state that CD-R's work fine, but the CD-RW's you use don't. Not all players support CD-RW disks, and you usually need to close/finalise a CD-RW in order for it to be detected properly

Use CD audio disks. Audio disks have closer tolerances. Audio disks will work for data, but not all data disks will work for audio. What norty303 says is correct. CDRW won't even work in my home player.

Well Norty and Micker were correct. I should have known that if I can play CDR but not CDRWs, what the problem is. Well maybe this thread will be of use for a newbie like myself in the future. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back