Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Copying Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC21

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2003
US
Hello tekkers,
I recently created a compilation on CD using nero and wanted to distribute it amongst co-workers. I wanted to know if there was a way to prevent it from being copied by others. Is there some kind of file I can throw into the compilation that would cause a buffer underrun or some other type of error to prevent a would-be copy from completing successfully?

Game producers and Music producers have far more sophisticated burning equipment to use when creating the master disks than available to the home user. They can then create missing or mal-formed sectors and place a wrapper around the deliverables to prevent a successful copy.

I know of no home equivalent.

Even the most carefuly protected games have been successfuly coppied. if you are worried about it then don't pass it out. there is not much eles you can do. if its something you are selling then charge a high price and let it go. if you are giving it out for free then don't worry about it in the fist place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back