Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Extra! 6.4 manipulate Excel File formatting ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmh

Technical User
Aug 26, 2003
US
Hey folks!

First, let me say that this group has been a god send! I have been able to acheive a lot of automation in my tasks since finding this board. You guys have been great in answering my questions, direct and indirect. THANK YOU!

Now...I have a macro that pulls my reports when I logon then puts the screen data into a .csv file and opens them. I'd like to now have a few functions ( in a header file) that I can call from a macro that will fix the formatting of the files and possibly even combine 2 .csv files into one and format them, all in Excel.

Is this possible? I thought I saw somewhere that i could do it using VB (which will work in Extra!, also).

Like someone else on this board, I'm considered exceptionally good at this stuff, but, have had no formal training. I've learned from viewing other peoples code and constructing from there. But my current (self-imposed) project leaves me stumbling since I'm not sure how to begin the code.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
scott

It's not possible to format a .csv file. You could have a macro open the first file, then open the second and append each row of data to it.

However, you may want to check my FAQs on having Excel and Extra talk to each other.

faq99-4069 How do I use VB(A) to manipulate attachmate (6.5+)?
faq99-4068 How do I get data to Excel?

calculus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back