Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller id problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe935

Technical User
Apr 3, 2001
US
I have a HSF 2014 56k data/Fax modem. I'm trying to get caller id working, using a program called Call Alert. Seems I can get the first call to be recognized after boot up. and the program lists the caller etc. But then any subsequent calls seem to be ignored by the modem. I am able to dial out using the modem with no trouble.
In the Extra Initialization commands I have AT+VCID=1
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'm not familiar with Call Alert. Have you tried using Hyperterminal to collect the CallerID info and determine if it is a modem problem or a Call Alert problem?

I suspect that Call Alert is not reinitializing the modem between calls, which is necessary with some modems. I believe that sending an ATH<cr> after receiving the CID information will usually do it, but you can also try AT &F +VCID=1 S0=0 between calls as well.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back