Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshesch

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have a customer who is upgrading his system. He now has a StarTalk and his AA has a canned message. Its not a recording from anyone in his office, it's a professional message from an outside source.

I am installing a new Call Pilot and I was wondering how to put this recording into the Call Pilot. I know it can be done, because I did it on the StarTalk probably 7 or 8 years ago, but I can't remeber how I did it. Getting old I guess. Any suggestions? I would sure appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Honestly??? Put the receiver to the player. Cheesey but it works. The CallPilot inside the BCM will allow you to download WAV file greetings/ recordings but not the CP stand alone.

MRoberts

Thanks,

I thought about that, but I think I might have done it another way...maybe not.

There was never a way to upload a file if that is what you were thinking.

One way that is probably a little cleaner is by using a device that goes inline with the handset like a DynaMetric TMP-636S

To convert a .wav to a .vbk

CallPilot 100/150 supports only .vbk file import. However it is possible to convert .wav files into .vbks using the CallPilot Player. A .wav file must be in this format before you convert it to a .vbk:

• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM
1 On the File menu click Open.
2 Browse to the .wav file you want to convert and click the Open button.
3 In the File name box, type a name for the file, select a folder to keep the file in, and from the
Save as Type list select CallPilot Voice Block (*.vbk).
4 Click the Save button.

MRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back