Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot 100/150 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2010
US
I am trying to set up a call pilot ccr on a norstar cics. If i am using the ccr setup in the call pilot is it possible to make 2 or 3 extensions rings at once. For example, I want it to say "press 1 for parts" then parts will ring on ext 42 and 43..the next is "please press 2 for all other inquiries" that will ring extensions 31, 32, and 39..I can make it work but to only a single extension. The part that confuses me is there are aa settings on the phone but I can also use the GUI on the pilot. Not quite sure which is the built in system on the CICS and what is the call pilot. Thanks for any suggestions

You have either a 100 or a 150...not both
The 100 is the smaller of the 2 (not in physical size)
Best way to tell is see how many LED lights on the far left, 2 for 100 and 4 for 150.

"AA settings on the phone"
You mean the AA built in feature in the KSU programming.
This is so you can have a main greeting and direct callers to extensions but it has no mailboxes.
It is good for those companies who do not use mailboxes or cannot afford a voice mail system.
It however would work well with a Flashtalk Light as it has no AA/CCR so they would work well together.
This built in AA feature is rarely used.

To ring multiple sets you can use one of the following:
-Use the built in Hunt Groups on the KSU, add members then point CCR path to the DN of the Hunt Group
The CICS must be 3 digit DN's to reveal the hidden Hunt Group programming and be I think software version 2.0 or higher.

-Use Answer DN keys, find a spare unused port and get it's DN, then add an Answer DN key to the sets required for that unused DN, then point CCR path to the unused DN

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ok, thanks.

From what I am reading, I will need to first change my format from two digit ext. to 3 digit?

I can set up hunt groups on the KSU and then just use the leading ext. as the ext. to point the CCR path to

So on the call pilot itself, i need to set it up as transfer, intercom, extension on the ccr tree? I have been using the GUI to program this. Sorry for all of the questions, I haven't messed with this system for over 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back