Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTaylor

Technical User
Apr 17, 2010
US
I have searched to the "last page of the internet" and have not been able to really find any information that suits to our issue.

Users are trying to forward their phones to numbers longer than four digits, and it only retains the first four typed in. For instances, 92240123, and 9224 is the only thing that is displayed when checking forward. All the phones are having the issue, and I have checked the CLS for CFXA (however I know this is not an issue due to the fact that we can transfer our desk phones to our companion phones [companion phones are CDP and are considered external to our pbx]), and that the CFW key is set to 16. I have read various different posts about changing the RDR in the CDB to CFF or CFO, however, none of these changes have corrected the issue. Not ever really sure that it applies to this situation as from what I can gather, that deals with the NCOS of the trunks and the sets, and not the digit length of the actual forward itself. I've been trying to find where in the system it would designate maybe a "master CFW length", but have been unsuccessful.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated as I have been beating my head on the wall, the desk, the fax machine, pretty much anything close that is hard and won't fight back.

Check that your RDB has TRMB = YES. Also check out the RART/TBAR in LD 56. It's rarely used, but could have some configuration in there.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I realize that I'm responding several months down the road, and do greatly apologize for not responding when you gave your time and effort to help me resolve my issue. For that I must apologize.

In response to your's, I have checked the TRMB, and it is set to YES on each one. I have attempted to decipher the RART/TBAR, but when printing each RART I get "Cust 0 Rout # ART 0". When printing each TBAR, when it requests the ART, no matter what value is put in (1-63), I get a sch error code.

Any additional ideas?

I would think a display issue like this is related to the phone firmware rather than a setting. What type of phones are you working with?
30n30w

So far the only phones that we've seen this issues on are the M3904's. I had one of our guys check the firmware, and he advised that he updated it. Didn't work.

If you don't mind me asking, how would you go about checking the firmware on a 3904 and seeing if it's the latest?

It's shown at the end of display diagnostics - item 17 on the options list. - is this happening across multiple Digital Line Cards with 3904's attached? I just can't think of anything that would cause a 16 digit number to be truncated on the display. When you dial a long distance number from the 3904, do all the digits show?
30n30w

I guess I misunderstood the original problem. So the forwarding works, right? It's just the display that is not working properly? I would check the patch levels, make sure they are current. And do an fsum in ld 32 and check your firmware version.

30n30w : Yes, happening across multiple cards. When you dial a long distance number, all digits show up.

KCFLHRC : Forwarding works for 4 digits. For instance, I can type in 18001111111, and on the screen it will show up as 10881111111, and allow you to push the "done" key. Then it will show "Calls Forwarded". However, when you check the forward, it will only show and retain the first 4 inputted digits.

I wonder what would happen if you deleted the TN and rebuilt it.
30n30w

the fact it's doing it across multiple cards/sets is what's odd. Can you find any sets that it does work 100% on? If not it's got to be something deeper in the way the switch was config'd

Alright, I know it's a late response again, but I resolved the issue. Don't ask me how, but I went in and manually typed in the number of where I wanted to forward it to and then went back to the phone and it would accept any number I put in. I am now able to forward the phone to a 4, 10, 16 digit number and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back