Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward Override?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelFH

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
GB
Hi, I am new to Cisco, having managed a Meridian switch for almost five years. We have converted to a centrally managed Cisco Call Manager system, which I have limited access to.

On the Meridian, it was possible to give an extension the ability to override call forward, forcing the call to the intended extension. This was achieved by prefixing the extension number with a flexible feature code. Does this facility exist on Cisco Call Manager (version 4). If so is it part of the basic system, or is it an "add-on"?

Thanks in advance.

Once a phone is forwarded that is the path that every call will take. No way to overide manually and for only some calls.

Hi Whykap. Thanks for your reply. I was afraid this would be the case.

We had the same problem after migrating from a Siemans DX. There were a LOT of pissed of staff I can tell you so I sympathise however I implemented the following workround which may help:

our feature code to force the forward through on the old DX system was *5 followed by the ext number (say 4465)

I created a hunt pilot that had a pattern of *54465 route to a line group containing only 4465.
Hunt groups follow different rules - they do not follow personal diverts )unless you tell them to in the Hunt Pilot settings)so the intended ext will ring.

Just make sure that the diverted phone does not have a HLOG key available to it as this can toggle the ext between accepting group calls or not and users may press it by accident.

In our case I configured the button template so that users had to press "more" before they could see they key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back