Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereklindo

Technical User
May 5, 2012
BM
Hi all,

Have a customer with a G450 and S8300. I'm not to familiar with it but can navigate my way around ASA ok.

A secretary would like to cover her bosses calls immediately. How is this achieved?

Under the user/extension their are 2 Coverage Paths. Coverage Path 1 is already in use for most(if not all) extensions and I believe it is going to a voicemail group. Coverage Path 2 is available on all user/exts.

Thanks in advance

Derek

Coverage path 1&2 are 2 different ways calls can continue to flow if not answered on the phone in question. You have a feature code to toggle between them. Like, cov pat 1 to voicemail and cov pat 2 to ring your cell twice and then PBX voicemail. You'd toggle between them to decide when you don't want to be bothered on your cell.

If a secretary would like to answer the bosses calls and have them simultaneously ring at her set while ringing at the boss's set, a bridged appearance of the boss's call appearances would accomplish that. So, if the boss has 3 call appearances on his phone, you can make 3 brdg-appr of 1,2,3 on the secretary's set.
You'd likely only need 2 as most of the time on page 2 of the station form you'd have have "restrict last idle call-appr for conf or tranfer" . That's because you need 1 spare line to get dial tone to conference or transfer. Were that the case, brdg-appr of line 1 and 2 would make sure the secretary has the chance to answer while its ringing at the boss's set and have it still follow the boss's coverage path to his mailbox if neither answer.

Make sense?

Also make sure you switch on Bridged Call Alerting on page 2 of the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back