Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsp7777

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
US
Greetings,

I am looking for some advice. I have a user who wants to use MS Access to display a calendar. For each day in the calendar, there should be room enough to display text. There should also be some way of adding text to a particular day so that a list of activities for that day is displayed. (I was thinking of doing this programmatically). The ultimate goal is to have each day list any tasks that are due that day.

I am currently looking at the MS Access Calendar Control, but I see no way of adding text to a particular day in the month. I also see no way of capturing what day was selected, since the "Click" event pertains to the entire control, not the day selected. Am I just overlooking the obvious, or is there another control I should be using to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

hsp7777

And what about Outlook ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Are you referring to using an Outlook form or is there an Outlook Calendar Control I can use within Access? The reason I ask is that the data that will populate the daily entries in the Calendar comes from an Access table, so that's why I thought I would try the Calendar control in Access and keep it in a single application. It seems to work great except for the fact that I have not found a way to add text to the daily entries in the calendar. Other than that, the Calendar Control seems to solve the problem.

Thanks.

hsp7777

Why not have a table to keep entires for each date. Then on a form have a text box that fills with the data from that table upon selection of a date from the calander control.

Only dead fish (and shit) go with the flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back