Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buying 3300 second hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tail0r

Programmer
Oct 6, 2014
GB
Hi,

The last Mitel I was qualified in was an SX-50 so please forgive my lack of knowledge.
I need to get a 3300 up and running in a basic lab environment with incoming/outgoing calls and then monitor the SMDR output and investigate CTI.
I'm thinking I will buy a second hand one off of eBay.

Can anyone give me advice on what to buy / not to buy.

Many thanks

You may be able to find the hardware as a second hand product. But then you will require an ibutton and an application record ID (the licenses).

I will suggest that you buy a 3300 CXi II controller, this way you will be able to upgrade to the latest load (MiVoice Business 7.0 SP1) and then I think you should contact a Mitel Local Dealer and purchase an ibutton and a software with basic licenses.

Good Luck, Daniel

Thanks for you response.
What would be the challenge in obtaining one with these items. Is it against the EULA perhaps?
I was looking at this one (i release it's not a II) and it seems to have everything included.
Link

a CXi may do the trick (or not depending on age) Some were not upgradable past the old release 9 due to insufficient memory

As Danramirez indicates, the sticking point is licensing. Without licensing the system will not function and Licensing is a significant portion of the cost of the system.

If you happen to get a licenses system, that would be against Mitel's policies as the licenses are not transferable from one customer to another without re-registering

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

You can buy an older CXi and upgrade the RAM....Mitel only support specific 512 chips, however if you dont care about support, you can get away with a normal 512 at a fraction of the cost.

...that way you can upgrade to MCD7 (Assuming you get the license etc...)

It's only going to sit on a workbench so we can enhance our software that works with it. I probably have a route to get something on a development licence but if i can pick something up relatively inexpensive then it saves a lot of time and hassle.
Thanks for your responses.

I would suggest that you contact a Mitel dealer and purchase a software and an ibutton:

In Spain:

Mitel list price are as follows:

P/N 54004971 MiVoice Business Standalone S/W for 3300 -> €1200
P/N 50004920 3300 AX/CX/CXi/MXe ibutton FRU -> €395

or even purchase a CXi II Controller with a standard software that includes 16 IP user licenses for €2775

My suggestion is you purchase from a dealer.

Regards,

Daniel

I've been reading this thread as it seems that the 3300 ibutton isn't that different from the Nortel Option 11c Dongle. I'm more used to working with Nortel and their method of licensing would appear to be the same in that the system ID is the ibutton/dongle and any licensing for it would have to be generated against it?.

My knowledge is that the ibutton is in a sense a unique MAC address that can't be copied, hence the need to have it. I'm fairly certain that it's going to be difficult to copy them?.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody has played with them?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Exactly. The iButton is a unique hardware ID which is tied to the license. Without both the hardware ID and a valid licence to register it to, you have a large paperweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back