Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSOD 0x0000000a

Status
Not open for further replies.

qleader

Technical User
Dec 20, 2001
US
Well,

Here I am again tring to figure out was is wrong.
System specs: 1.0ghz Amd Athlon
256mb
Geoforce II MMX200
Linksys Lan Card
Cd-Burner (I'm not running using or have not ever installed Easy Cd Creator.)
Nero - burning software
I have had this problem in the past..So I reformatted and started all over. I installed without any problems and used the NTFS file system. (they say it more stable) HA.

I have searched the Microsoft Knowledge base about general crash errors, did not help. I have search the web for answers and nothing has seem to answer the question to the prob.

I installed all the drivers from the manufacture's websites and installed a updated bios (this was recommend by the motherboard manf.)

I have had 18 BSOD with 0x0000000a / ntoskrnl.exe in less than a month. It will crash when launching programs. For example:
Launch Outlook-it loads hit the send/receive and crash.
Browsing on the internet with IE and crash.
Any program, randomally, different programs.
Has crashed when screen saver was on.

I have noticed something in the Event log. When the Save dump is recorded, everytime a second before the dump this is recorded: Microsoft (R) Windows 2000 (R) 5.0 2195 Service Pack 2 Uniprocessor Free. And The Event log service was started.
Is this normal ??????

I am fustrated and feed up with MS all together. Can someone please help me with this problem.

I am havibg the same problems, this is a answer I got today.
LDaveM
It's a lot harder to identify when it ntoskrnl.exe. Here are some gerneral notes regarding that stop error from the Microsoft Knowledge base. There are four parameter codes associated with the stop code. Try entering each parameter string individually into the search engine for the Microsoft Knowlege base.

Cut and past the url below into the address bar to get the whole thing.

Thanks for the advice but I have read that section 10 times.
Maybe some can help pull this a part and tell what it really all means.

STOP 0x0000000A(0x06018004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,0x80414fd9)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
** Address 0x8040414fd9 has base at ntoskrnl.exe

Microsoft's explanation:
0x Address that was referenced improperly
0xXXXXXXXX IRQL that was required to access the memory
0xYYYYYYYY Type of access, 0=Read, 1=Write
0xZZZZZZZZ Address of instruction which attempted to reference the memory at 0x
0x06018004 The address that was referenced improperly
0x00000002 IRQL that was required to access the memory
IRQL refers to hardawre right? I found nothing that as has a IRQL setting of 2
0x00000001 Type of access 1=Write
0x80414fd9 Address of instruction which attempted to reference the memory at 0x00000002 What does this mean?

With the information provided in the BSO,Where can I found what is causing the crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back