Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsing too Google very slow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoemp

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
BE
Hello

Lately I see that browsing to Google goes very slow. It seems to be the only address that gives problems. I already tried clearing the DNS cache, but this didn't help. It's not always that we have this problem. It's from time to time. As I don't have experience with this kind of trouble, I'm asking for some expertise here. Anyone an idea?

Thanks

Steven

If you traceroute to or whatever Google site you use, do you see any excessive latency on any of your hops.

Similarly, if you do a continuous ping to the Google site, do you see any packet loss?

Any of these situations could easily explain why access to Google is poor.

I could indeed see some delay for one host. What can I do about it?

Depends who is responsible for that host. If its your ISP, you could bring it their attention and ask for a resolution.

If its a node on the Internet or within Google's infratructure, there isn't a lot you can do I'm afraid.

You can run the IP addresses you see in the Traceroute through one of the Internet Registeries, like RIPE (
If you put the IP addresses you see in Database search, it should report back who owns that address space to help you better understand who can be contacted.

Hope this helps

Hi KiscoKit

Thanks for the explanation. You clarified a lot of the situation for me!

Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back