Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
Can I have an Aastra 6755i (hanging off of an Asterisk PBX) with multiple bridged appearances? The function of this phone is a lab and when multiple people are working in the lab they want to be able to see & pick up their own extension if it is ringing.

If no, what would be a reasonable work around?

Thanks!

Bridged appearances, Shared Line appearances, these are not easily done in Asterisk. I would suggest you look at using ring groups. If you had 5 people working in a lab, Tech1, Tech2, Tech3, Tech4, and Tech5, set up 5 ring groups naming them Tech1, etc. with a prefix of Tech1:, etc. Each ring group would have all of the lab phones. If someone called in for Tech1, it will ring each of the phones, displaying Tech1: and the callerid. Looking at the phone, each tech can then decide whether to answer the phone or not. If no answer, the ring group can be directed to the Tech1 mailbox.

If the technician has an office phone and also wants to be able to get calls in the lab, look at followme. Send the calls to the ring group if no answer at the office extension.

Use call park to allow technicians to get "held" calls from any phone.

I have read that there are projects using sla.conf. But I have also read a lot of people are not real happy with the journey or result.

It may be simpler than that. When using the Aastra XML scripts to create a DSS key: the key will flash when that extension rings and you can push the flashing key to perform a directed pickup for the given extension.

-----------------------------------
atcom_logo_small.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Can you do that for multiple extensions? For example, 4 people are in the lab and they all want to see their phone ring on a 6755i. Is that possible?

Thanks!

You have multiple buttons on the phone available, I believe 12 total, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back