Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking outside calls using a number password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1983

Programmer
Nov 17, 2012
Hi guys

a strange question

One of our users is frequently complaining about his phone being misused by other colleagues. I have provided him with phone login code under telephony > supervisor settings tab.

Now He needs a code to dial in first to enable the normal calling outside. What i did was made a short code like

SC: 5572N
feature: dial
telephone number: N
Line group ID: 1

Every other form of dialing is blocked for him

That means anyone who does not know this code wont be able to make a call to outside other than internal extensions. But the issue is that the number 5572 is visible to others when dialing. Is there any way this can be done?

Don't bother. Setup phone lock for them, that's what its for and if they don't use it its their own fault. Your time shouldn't be being wasted on staff relationship/behaviour issues, that's meant to be the business manager's job.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I would like to have a better solution than what sizbut said. Can anyone help me?

used forced account codes and apply it to that extension. Account codes are not visible. You MAY want to allow emergency services dialing without a code....

can you just tell me how to do...i tried creating an account code with account code no: 1982 and cli as my extension 116.

Then when i dial a number, in the middle of that the enter account number pops up. i have stop, then dial the account code 1982# and then continue dialing with the rest of the numbers.

Coudl anyone give me aproper way to do it.

To be honest I agree that it's not really up to us to sort out their playground attitudes. The more you lock it down, the more the other people will try to find out what you've done and get round it. Pathetic I know, but boredom does that to people. When they find out, you'll just have to change it again and again.

If I was to do it I would create a hot desk user for him. Create a base extension with a button programmed for login. The password will display as stars so will keep it secret if he fears someone is spying on him. Setup another button for log out, or advise that whenever he's away from his desk he must dial *36 first.

@IPOLackey

I can understand what you are saying. I have created for them even the log in code too (*35*code#). These guys want to have again a code for dialing international numbers. This is where i am stuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back