Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Best method for creating voicemail groups? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuy88

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2012
US
Stats:
IP Office 8.1.52
Voicemail Pro

Their old system had voicemail groups where they could directly leave a message for an entire group of users. They had about 20 of these groups. I thought of creating Hunt Groups with a Voicemail Answer Time of 0 or 1 and then just adding the members to the voicemail groups through SourceNumbers, but this seems like it would be very tedious and would require my users to scroll way down on their phone through all the voicemail groups that they are members of.

Is there a better way to set this up? Either from a programming perspective or an end-user experience perspective?

Enable broadcast in the Group>Voicemail tab, then when a groupmessage is left it willl be copied in the individual mailbox of the group mmbers

A simple mind delivers great solutions

K, I set it for broadcast but the messages aren't forwarding to my members, the message stays in the group. The members have their boxes checked.

I added the source number of the group to one of my users as a test and then the message did set off the user's msg lamp, but it was not in his inbox, it was in the group box.

Also, I set the voicemail answer time to one second but it definitely rings the users longer than a second before going to voicemail. Is there a way to hit voicemail right away or should I just direct my users to use the Message button on their phone, record the message, and then send it to the group extension?

From the knowledge base:

Configuring Group Broadcast

If the Broadcast option is enabled, a message for a hunt group is copied to the individual user mailboxes of each hunt group member. A call flow can be created that includes the Generic Action. See Generic Action. If messages need to be forwarded to the same group a Personal Distribution List could be created. See Personal Distribution Lists.

From the manager help
Broadcast
The voicemail system (Voicemail Pro only) can be instructed to automatically forward messages to the individual mailboxes of the hunt group members. The messages are not stored in the hunt group mailbox.

I think you need to change the leave action of the group
Link a "Leave mail" action to the start point, link a "Generic"action to the "Leave mail" action and in specific enter "FWD:<ext1>#<ext2>#<ext3>##

replace <ext1> with a users phone number.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Also, I set the voicemail answer time to one second but it definitely rings the users longer than a second before going to voicemail.

For this bit, put the users in the group and then untick them and calls will go directly to voicemail.

| ACSS SME |

I got Broadcast working, thanks for your help! That's exactly what the customer wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back