Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BENQ Burner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo81

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
AU
Hey Guys...

Well I am having a heap of trouble with my Benq 32x10x40 cdrw drive .... my problems include speed (I can only burn at 4x max with 52x media) lots of frissby's (when the burn gets to around 98% it just chucks a mental and aborts) and reading old cd's that I have burnt (I can't read anything on a burnt disk at all but can read normal cd's fine)

what I have done is furmware updates, I have used 4 different burning programs Nero, Recordnow max, easy cd creater and blindwrite.... I have done everything I can think of apart from the lens clean but I need the special cd for that .....

My pc is a AMD 1800+ with 512 ddr pc2100 ram and 60 and 80 gig 7200rpm hdd's .... I just wanted to pick your brains for a answer... the burner is about 6 months old

Later
NEo81 >:):O>

Sounds like you have a faulty burner.

Talk to the supplier and tell them what is happening, you might find they've had similar problems.
---------------
Johnodq
---------------
Please let me know if the advice I give is of help.
Feedback will benefit all

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

go to BenQ's website and download the latest firmware for it. fixed mine from burning at 16x back up to the 40x it is supposed to.
All BenQ's CDRWs starting at 32x have flashable firmwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back