Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup window shrinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaserc

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
US
I need to backup over 500 GB in a few hours and we need multiple copies - 1 for DR and another for the constant restore requests that we get for this data.

I want to use Disk Staging to get this done - but I can't create multiple copies to tape after it is on disk (it is greyed out).

Anyone have an idea on how to get this done? Basically
host -> disk (on diff host) -> tape (2 copies on tape)..then expire the images on disk

If you have the vault option installed you can perform the inline tape copy(2 copies at once). I'm assuming from your post that you do not currently have this option?

I believe you can just perform your current backup to tape and then run the bpduplicate command to create another copy of the backup and you should be able to specify the pool such as "offsite" and a different retention level. Hope this points you in the right direction.

interesting...

no vault option installed. management has provided me with that road block

I will look in the bpduplicate cmd and see how that works. seems kind of a lot to scipt for all images that need to go offsite, but it may work nicely for this one particular problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back