Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Problems - CheckDisk of Disk Array Involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCBackup

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

We have a FAP server, Win2K that is being backed up across a MAN to a Win2K3 backup server, all components running 11.5.

FOr months its been working just fine, then lately the backup has been failing with Network Errors, the server has been rebooting / hanging etc.

The FAP is running McAfee AV - which apparenytly has some sort of conflict with BAOF? Can anyone confirm/deny this?
The bugbear is that when the server reboots, the server is asking for a backup of the E: (600gb in size), which is being rejected each time. The BAOF agent appears to be also causing the server to hang .. however until we can get to rectifiying the checkdisk, our managers want us to run a backup. This is running - without the BAOF - at around 1mb/min, I do not joke.

We have backed up the C: volume (different RAID mirror) which runs just fine. Our account refuses to let us touch anything until we get a backup.

My question is this - the fact that the data volume is in clear distress - will this be causing the major detriment to the backup process? I cant think the answer is anything but YES, but Id just like some feedback.

Very possible.

Might want to try connecting a USB harddrive and see if you can just do a copy, sometimes one data path will work better than another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back