Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background audio stutter while gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrie12

Programmer
Jun 23, 2021
IN
Hi all!

I have noticed that when I am gaming, my background apps (discord, itunes, etc.) audio starts to stutter and lag.
It’s mostly the background apps but the game audio is also affected sometimes. When I exit a game, the apps audio is fine. I have tried restarting, updating windows drivers, audio drivers, nvidia exprerience drivers.
Please help!
If you need rig specs or anything else, please feel free to ask.
Thanks!!

I would use a latency checker per this article. I always used DPCLAT. This is to see if a driver is causing the issue. For example if you disable the network card and test again, you might see an improvement - pointing to the network driver.
Link I had one laptop that I HAD to disable the Wifi in order to use VLC to play my music. So I had to be hard wired for internet.

Also, you could switch to the Microsoft sound driver instead of your actual brand's driver. Sound crazy? It worked for both my laptop and my desktop where the Windows "welcome sound" was all choppy or chopped off.
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back