Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.avi file creation in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblade

Programmer
Sep 6, 2001
US
Does anyone know of some source code in C or C++ that will convert a numbered set of .tga (24 bit uncompressed) files to an uncompressed .avi file ? I have studied the .avi format and written a program to do it, but when I play it back using xanim the animation is always 'stepped' as though I am missing the last few bytes of each original frame. When I look at the avi file I have created, byte by byte, it looks correct (all required headers and data) but something is obviously wrong. I really need to see where I am making the mistake(s) by understanding someone else's source code or need the advice of an avi Guru.

I know there is plenty of Windows source code demonstrating how to create avi files but these all depend upon the Video for Windows API and libraries (and later incarnations of same), and as such are no good for work under Linux.

I have also found Linux executables that do the job, but no source code. If there are any avi Gurus out there who understand the intimacies of RIFF files and are willing to help someone who is at the end of his tether, please, please identify yourself ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back