Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Average Difference Maximum Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MochaLatte

Technical User
Jan 11, 2011
US
Hello, I am an active Tek-tip site user requesting help. This time around, I am trying to meet a deadline( I have researched for hours). I am willing to send you a e-card in the amount $40 from Amazon.com, if I star your post. I will be very very grateful!!!!!

On Crystal reports:
GROUP 4 Header: Group By Hotel Room Number
Room Number 30: Column A ( 04/01/2014 hh:mm) Column B (04/03/2014 hh:mm)
Room Number 30: Column A (04/02/2014 hh:mm)
Column B (04/03/2014 hh:mm)
GROUP 4 Footer: Average hours (difference (Minimum(Column A - Column B) = difference in hours using the mimimum datetime in column A
GROUP 3 Header : Floor Number
Room Number 30
Room Number 40
Room Number 50

GROUP 2 Header : Hotel Location

GROUP 1 Header: Hotel by Region s

Carry the average to each group footer However, only group #4 has two datetimes (choose the minimum on column A) .

Thanks!!!!!!!

I realized that My formula should read as:

Average (between the difference Column A - Column)on each group. On column A, I need the minimum for each room number, each room number has two datetimes only on column A.
Thanks again!

It seems, I am pretty tired. Let me try again,

Average (difference (Minimum ([Column A] ) - [Column B] on each group

I am happy to help but having trouble understanding what you are trying to achieve.

Can you post some sample data, including the results you are looking for.

Cheers
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back