Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya's new web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy55

Programmer
May 25, 2005
US
Have you seen it? It stinks. Most of my bookmarks are now broken. The download page doesn't work. It took me years to figure out the old one and now they move everything around again. Avaya. Put the old page back now.

Well, when I have been able to login and look around, I would tell everyone it doesn't look good. The Download section is pretty important, and this is also not looking good. Maybe the site is down because there is so much to fix on it.

It has allot of broken links as well.

It no easier to navigate but I'm sure it's a work in progress.

A lack of Planning On Your Part; Does Not Constitute an Emergency On My MINE!

I emailed them a scathing leter yesterday morning, we are all pretty PO'd over here. The new website is cumbersome to use, and very slow. The downloads are on a separate tab, listed by date... They are trying to make it "customer friendly", and will soon deploy PLDS (to replace RFA), to let clients and customers create and work on their own licenses, that will be another disaster waiting to happen.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Avaya consistently gets the worst grades for consistency from the annual CRN VAR Awards. No wonder.

What we all have to remember is that Avaya is now just a Venture Capitalist business with one aim of making more money with the least overheads. Service will continue to suffer as the new Avaya model is "we're a software company" and the old friendly service orientated company is but a dark and distant memory.

I agree the new site s*cks but I think we all know Avaya wont listen to us!!!

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Yeah I don't like it either. it took me a good hour to find TN firmware updates the other day. They seem to be well hidden now, and my bookmarks are broken too.

My SSO broke when they switched to the new site. I called to have it fixed and they didn't know what was wrong with it. Argh.

No good!!

You can always threaten to call "Silver Lake Partners", as I did in my email to them. Silver Lake is the majority venture capital firm that owns AVAYA. If Silver Lake hears from enough clients/customers, they will definitley investigate/listen to what's going on.

Even venture capitialist want happy customers, and continued business, they are not stupid.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

To quote Michael Myers: [thick scottish accent] "It's Crrrrap"

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Yeah, FULLY agree- IT STINKS!

Many of my downloads I dont have access to.

Hopefully whatever is broke they fix.
With the new look, that will be like anything new. Will just have to get used to it.

Well, like anything else we do with technology, it's usually easier to fix what's broken than to go back to what was previously being used. I don't expect they'll go back to the old pages. Just field the complaints and investigate the problems.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Well i had the misfortune of going to the site for the first time this morning. It took less than 1 minutes to see what you guys have been talking about.

It sucks bad...

I would have thought that a company with as much money would have put a LOT more effort into this. Has to be the worse site I have ever been to.

Glad I downloaded the complete library when I did.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

hahahaha! I am a Nortel user and I thought I would come over here to see what you guys were talking about since the buy out of Nortel. Maybe I should start looking for a new system that is not Nortel or Avaya! Hope they get the site working for all of us! LOL!!!

openthegate, the product (Avaya) is good so that is not the problem :)

The website is rubbish
I do not understand why they changed a good support site to such a terrible thing

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back