Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Phone Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

Technical User
Jul 27, 2009
GB
Just wondering if it's just us experiencing this, 1608's and 1616 phones are absolutely awful quality. Out of every batch of say 15 about 2 are always not working.

Same with the 19xx series.

Is it just us being unlucky or is this happening with you guys as well?

"I'm worried and confused. So the first rule in the book is to spread it around.

16 series phones are cheap - so you get what you pay for.
19 series phone? do you mean 96 series phones. they are decent quality. much nicer than the 16

try the 1603 - a delightful phone. not.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

been a while since I last came on here - cos phones are working :)

Anyway - I need to get another IP phone for our IP 500v2 - currently got the 5610 and 5602's on it - which are fine and I can still get - just ....
However, always curious - what's the members view on a replacement to the 5610 ?
I like the programmable labels (writing on a sticky label is 19c!)
But other than a few shortcuts the phone won't do much more than make/receive calls, occasionally speakerphone, transfer, maybe instigate an adhoc conference and get voicemail ...

Should I just stick with the 5610 whilst I can?

Sorry yes 96xx series phones!

They all vary in different ways really, most common however is they're just completely dead. Mostly on the 16xx series but the we have had the same problems on the 96xx series, on a smaller scale though.

"I'm worried and confused. So the first rule in the book is to spread it around.

Do you connect them to a PoE switch or bricks or do you use the 5v adapters?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

We just deployed 70 of the 1416 series phones and 25 of the 1616 series phones. I had one bad 1416 phone.

As far as replacement for the 56xx series, I think the 9508 is the choice.

Installed over 1000 16xxI have had 10 not working or had handset problems. The older 16xx had more problems, and after 4/5 months the display started to dissapear starting mostly from the left top corner. But the new 16xxI have a white led display and ar much better. The throughput for the pc connention is slower than a 96xx but hey they're half the price.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back