Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ L

Vendor
Jun 27, 2024
US
Hello, I’ve been tasked with creating a portable phone system for a sporting event. My expertise is with Cisco. They want an Avaya solution. Can someone tell me step by step what I need to ask the network and system engineers to do so their network is ready for the phone system?

Thanks

I have a company configuring the phone system. I just need to know what I need to ask the system and network engineers to do on their side.

I asked the company setting up the phone system and they said internet service and router with DHCP and on same network. Does this sound correct?

You're also going to need some power. Maybe even a desk or two to put the phones on. /s

Honestly not sure what you're after here.

The DHCP and an internet connection would be what they would need. Your IT people would need to provide a static IP address for the phone system and be able to set up the DHCP option. Your best bet might be have your IT people talk directly to the phone people, but that is just my opinion.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I might be over thinking this. With me familiar with Cisco, Avaya might not be as complicated. Will the router be pluged into the WLAN or LAN port on IP Office? Which one will a switch be plugged into? If you have different IDF closets, you just connect them by switch to switch by copper or fiber, correct?

They are IP phones just like Cisco. Anything you can do with a Cisco the Avaya will be the same. As far as the WAN or LAN goes there isn't a big difference they are there to provide two different networks if you need them.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Difficult to know where to start on this as we don't know if you are using IP, digital or analogue phones or the type of trunks.

Things to think about:

DHCP - the IP Office can act as DHCP for the network or just IP phones
Network - can be on the same network but check VLANS

If used outside you may want to look at earthing and lightning protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back