Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Automatic logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IT
Anyone knows how I can get automatic logon for a group of user in TS, without Citrix, without "automatic logon" at connection level (that is for all user), without any hardware add-on (second network card and so on), without "anonymous users"
and without implementing client and server side .dlls ?
That is: can I set something in the user profile (a script etc.), for one or some users, so that the system doesn't show logon box for them? My application shows its own logon box...
thanks of all for your helps.

I've not really dabbled with the Terminal Server client, but it's unlikely anything can be set in the user's profile for this, because authentication is controlled at system level.

The reason the Citrix client can be customised is that when you authenticate using ICA, the winlogon.exe process calls ctxgina.dll instead of the more limited msgina.dll.

Have a scout around the API documentation on Technet for msgina. I don't think there's any way around making calls to this dll.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back