Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Auto Attendant application builder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecom80

Technical User
Sep 25, 2008
US
Is there a way to send an auto attendant to a closed message on the fly? Basically what i have is a office setup to close at 5pm but sometimes they may be there till 6:30pm and they want their phones to ring in and not go to the closed message. but there are some days they may leave early and want to send it to the close message. is there a way to set it up where the end user can do this. any help will be appreciated.

Yes there is a way to do this.
It's called Telephone Remote Service Activation (TRSA). Best way to get the description is to log into your CallPilot and search in the CallPilot help for Telephone Remote Service Activation.

To use it the way you are describing you would need to have two separate applications for open and closed and then a third application for normal operation. In the "normal" application you would have your usual time of day block and the open and closed applications would be imported.

So someone could dial into the Telephone Remote Service Activation SDN and assign the open or closed application when required. Unfortunately there is no timer to automatically put it back to the normal application so they must remember to do that when the special hours are over.

Would you have to have an SDN for each closed message or can you build a closed message without tying it to a SDN ?

answer my own question by testing and the answer is you just have to have a application id but it doesnt have to be assigned to a sdn. Other question I have is if anyone knows if there is a limit of application ids you are allowed to have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back