Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audix sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp1169

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2001
US
Is it possible to send an email from within audix when a voicemail is recieved? As we have it set now, when a voicemail is received it is outcalled to a numeric pager at which point someone will call and check the voicemail, usually from a cell phone. This results in certain people having both a pager and a cell phone. I would like (if possible) to have audix send an email to the cell phone. I want to do this rather than outcalling to the cell phone because outcalling would eat up cell phone minutes whereas the email to the cell would not. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if possible, any suggestions on how to do this. Thanks for any help.

I have to add something to it:

Audix won't send you an e-mail but will alow you to use the pop3 standard to retreive an e-mail from the pop3 server within Audix (Intuity Internet Messaging Feature). This means that the client software (e.g. Outlook) must be able to retreive messages. If your using IMAP and POP3 make sure that your mail-client is able to use them simultanously. I had problems using Netscape!

An other thing to be aware of is that if you retreive your message (using your mail-client) your message-led on your phone will turn off. And if you don't select "leave copy on server" within your mail-client you won't be able to listen to that message from your phone.

I hope this helps you!

;-)

What Dpolak is correct however I have tried to do what you are trying also and this will not help as you cannot set up your cell phone to pull pop mail also when you pull messages off your audix thry will have an audio file attached. If you use outlook it is possible to set up a rule that will send an email to a cell phone but it is a process.

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back