Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjoe1975

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
NO
Hi,

My attendant console can only receive one call simultaneously and I need that the attendant can receive more calls and use the rest of the line-appearances.
I guess it should be a parameter but I can find it.
Please any advice to check.
Thanks

The principle is the same , no matter what console you have.

Even though there are multiple call appearance keys, the first answered call appears on call-appearance key A. The any further callsare queued to the console via the attd-queue call button and attd-queue timer button.
The extra call appearnace keys only come int play if you are answering calls and placing them on hold or park or conf and so on. You will not see a fresh call appear on the call-appearance key B when you on a call on call-appearance ey A.
The queueing calls are indicated by attd-queue key and timer only .

forgot to mention , it possible to set how many calls
are queueing before notification or prirority notification occurs .

If you are logging the attendant in as an agent, that will limit them to one-call-at-a-time.

Kevin

nulabeacon
from my understanding I thought our attendant could answers several lines at the same time in a Definity R9.5. But after the upgrade to CM S8800 it only can answer one call at a time and not many as requested. I didn't know it was the normal way to work with the attendant.
Actually our attendant login as an agent but still can't answer several lines.
Thanks for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back