Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA Optional Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendoman

Vendor
Oct 15, 2009
US
Is there any other devise out there that I could use on a MICS that will function just like an ATA. Is there a generic ATA for example that will work just the same?

Any ATA should work. Google analog terminal adaptor.,Lots.

If you want to provide analog dial tone off of a MICS then you
need a Norstar ATA or an analog station module.

Rick

You have to be careful with acronyms while ATA translates to Analog Terminal Adapter most of the ata's you see on the internet are for interfacing to an IP phone network. There are a couple of after market items that will do check out konexx that uses one of the intercom ports on a digital phone.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Pricing for the most part. I am able to get the ATA2 on ebay for between 20 and 40 dollars each. I am looking for a lower cost even for preowned units. Any suggestions?

new is around 120 or so you can get it for 20-40, just grab it and get on with life.

Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

For system feature you need the Norstar ATA
Thats damn good pricing.
I have never had a customer so much as wince at $150 so not sure why you want it for next to nothing.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

It would cost you more to buy the breadboard and solder resisors and caps to make one yourself.

If you don't buy them, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back