Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

assign resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusAnd

Technical User
Jan 13, 2016
SE
Hi

If I have a scheduled task, such as a meeting that will last for 2 hours. There are four different resources that will participate in the meeting. How can I get ms project to show the resources independently time and the scheduled time at the same time ?

As I now assign resources to the meeting, 2 hours for each resource the work time becomes 8 h instead of 2 h.
I want to demonstrate that the activity is two hours long at same time as each resource is working two hours on the activity .

Is this possible?

/Gus, Sweden

Fixed duration task.

==================================
adaptive uber info galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than cognitive innovative agile big data clouds)

I can not change activity type, it appears to be locked.

/Gustav

You are confusing Work (effort) and duration. The duration of the task is 2 hours. Each of the four resources are working 2 hours. The total WORK is 8 hours, the duration of the meeting is two hours. My guess is that you are working with manually scheduled tasks and that is why you cannot change the task type to Fixed Duration. No need for fixed duration - as long as the task is not effort driven the duration should be 2 hours, the work should be 8.

meeting_elqt5i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back