Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS/400 date clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWmiller

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
We use a 5250 emulator to operate our company's software. Today, I noticed that the date reads 7/07/02 as it's 7/09/02 today. Also, all of our work from yesterday, such as checks printed, show the 7/07/02 date. Our software vendor told us that the date pulls from the AS/400.

The only work that I do on the AS/400 is when using the 5250 emulator. Can someone tell me how to reset the date please?

I believe we have V5R1.

Thank you.

It's been a while since I've used a 5250 emulation card, but I seem to remember having that problem when user's left their emulation session running without signing off the system for days. I'd try signing off on a daily basis. If that doesn't do it, sign off and reboot on a daily basis. Also, have you verified the DOS date and time on that pc? You can also check the AS/400 date by DSPSYSVAL QDATE.

Thanks a lot. I eventually found the DSPSYSVAL command, but I ended up having to reboot the AS/400 and that fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back