Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS digit conversion table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seun

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
NG
Hello All,

On my company's G3siV11, we have ARS digit conversion table set-up to translate digits on an in-coming trunk line to specific extension.
The problem is that the system only displays the first 17 rows(entries) on the specified ARS digit conversion table; digits entered afterwards are not viewable.
Any ideas as to how this can be rectified?

Cheers

ARS Digit Conversion is used for outbound dialing only. For inbound calls the conversion may be taking place on the Inbound Call Handling screen (page 3) of the ISDN-PRI Trunk Group form.

Kevin

>>>ARS Digit Conversion is used for outbound dialing only<<<

Yes and no….the ARS Digit Conversion can be used for inbound calls, too. On the trunk- form under ‘Digit treatment’. insert the digit that you would normally dial on outgoing calls to get an outside line (usually 9 or 0, lets say we add a 0 for this example), followed by a preferably special character such as *.
This will add a 0* to all incoming calls which will make the switch use the ARS DIGIT CONVSERION table for all incoming calls. In the ARS DIGIT CON table, the ‘matching pattern’ needs to start with the special character (*), followed by the number that is dialed which then can be manipulated and pointed to other extensions

This is more convenient if you want to apply the same rules to a lot of trunk groups.

Back to the original question:
Not sure what you exactly mean. When you do a list ars digit-conversion, you should be able to see all entries over multiple pages. When you change the list, you might see the first page already populated if you have a bunch of numbers already entered, just go to the second page (will be empty) to add new stuff. At least this is how it works on CM 1.3 and higher, haven’t worked with older versions yet

Regards

Frank

Thanks FSI. You hit the nail on the head. Guess I'll have to live with your suggestion.
I was actually hoping to be able to see all numbers already on the ARS digit conversion table at the same time as I attempt to change the table to enter new numbers for conversion or replace existing conversions(any ideas for replacing?).

What we were trying to do at the time, was simulate DID with digit range from our service provider which unfortunately, were not in the same range as our extension numbers. So what we did was insert an FAC digit ("9")for ARS digit conversion table on page 3(Incoming Call Handling Treatment) on the ISDN trunk. Then on the ARS digit conversion table, we added the digit strings from service provider under the "Matching pattern" field and our desired corresponding extensions under the "Replacement String" field.

Regards

Seun

Seun,

you can't view all entries on the digit conversion or analysis table change screen. the only option for viewing all entries is to do a 'list ars digit-conversion' or 'list ars analysis' command. however, you can edit the exact entries you need it you enter 'change ars digit-conversion xxxx' command, where xxxx is the needed entry. system will display change screen populated with patterns starting from xxxx and downward. a bit clumsy, i admit, but usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back