Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS Dial 3K1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dango510

Programmer
Aug 27, 2012
US
ARS
Feature
Dial 3K1 (default setting)- Sets the ISDN bearer capabilities to 3.1Khz audio call.

Looking for more clarification on this if anyone has it? I have read 3K1 is not supported on all PRI services and wondering exactly how this would impact voice if its not supported. Can 1-way audio issues happen because of this? If I changed this to Dial instead what impact would that have on messaging between the IPO and Provider on outbound calls?

Thanks.

Dial 3k1 selects a higher quality Voice call
not only does it depend on your carrier supporting it it requires the end party & all intermediates to support it (so you cannot use it to call an Analog line.
if the call cannot be placed the IPO will get a rejection from he network & the call will disconnect (Clear cause 88 Destination Incompatible)

Normally the Dial feature is the one to use & i have rarely had to change it, the only time I have had to "tweek" things is when the customer has been making off switch diverts, the call was arriving as a 3k1 call but the destination could only accept standard speech, because the IPO had received & accepted a 3k1 call it was trying to make the same standard of call outbound & would fail.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks IPGuru -
I suspect in my configuration 3K1 is supported as calls are completing 98% of the time without issue. It sounds like from your description calls wouldn't be completing at all or I would receive some sort of cause code if it wasn't supported.

I appreciate the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back