Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another question about displaying data horizontally 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad0803

Programmer
Dec 15, 2006
US
I'm retrieving a succession of codes with associated descriptions. I want to display these codes and descriptions across the page as follows:

code description code description code description

It looks to me as though this will require some sort of array processing, but I don't know how Actuate handles arrays. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Nomad0803

If the code and description are the only fields in the content frame then do the following

You have your two fields in the content frame

to the subpage area after the content area, add a subpage from the 'pages' palette

to the subpage add flows (from the pages palette). You will have to resize the flow as you add each one to fit the fields (at 10points font size, about 227 twips high, and however long for both fields to fit in each flow). Lay the flows next to each other across the page. You only need one row of flows. When run, this should lay the fields accross the page. If there are more than one rows worth, it will automatically start a new row

continued....
Note, the fields will stay placed in the content frame. The flows have to be wide enough to display the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back