Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another mailfile issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonU

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2003
ZA
Hello everyone

Can anyone shed some light on this error:
"the object store that is used by this note was not found or is not a notes database"

I have done some searching on the net, and one of the options is to run a collect task on the server to resolve this issue. My question is, Will it resolve the problem?

Regards
Jason [afro2]

Are you, or were you, using single-copy object store on the server? Sounds like you may have been set up for that at one time, but it no longer exists and you cannot find the message you are trying to link to.

pd

Some time ago, I resolved the above error by removing the server notes ini parameters....

ServerTasksAt2=Object Collect,mailobj.nsf
ServerTasksAt3=Object Info -Full

These above parameters are only needed when shared mail is enabled. If at one time they were disabled and you updgraded Domino, by default they were added back (at least in earlier versions it did this).

If that doesn't resolve the event, try to isolate the database(s) generating the error and create a new replica or a local copy on the server. Same goes for local replica copies.

The "collect" task wouldn't be helpful. It's used by Domino to gather statistics in events4.nsf/statrep.nsf.

Maybe the user was referring to the "object collect" task. It purges obsolete messages from shared mail databses and runs by default when enabled in the server notes ini (like in the above excample).

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back