Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Group Overflow Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickscs

Vendor
Sep 27, 2012
US
I have a customer that gave me a scenario I haven't encountered before.

They are wanting calls to be answered by 3 users. 2 users ring for 12 seconds, then add a third user for another 15 seconds. After that, they want it to transfer to an AA.

I've added in a second group with additional users before. I've overflowed to the AA before. However, I've never had to flow through three groups before...

How do I get incoming calls to ring group1 (collectively with first two users) for 12 seconds;
Overflow to group2 (collectively with all three users) for an additional 15 seconds;
Then overflow to group3 (sequential with user that is forwarded)?

Thanks in advance

Simple answer
You don't
you enable VM on their primary group & send this to a custom call flow/

IP Office Admin 101

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

This customer doesn't have VM pro. IP 500v2, R9.1 with embedded VM...

I've set them up for all three users to ring with the first group and overflows to group with the extension that forwards to the AA.

That might be as close as they'll get.

You should be able to cascade the groups. Just make sure to disable VM on the first two groups that and the first groups no answer timers are longer than the total.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

UPDATE for people that find this via a web search:

I got it to work. Initially I was setting each group to overflow to the next (grp1 to grp2 | grp2 to grp3), forgetting that the initial group controls the overflow. Once I set the overflow to both the second and third group from group 1, it works. I just can't have the ring times different. I don't work with IP Office much anymore and not sure I fully understood groups when I did.

Group1- Members user1 and user2, VM off, timeout set to 13 seconds, overflow set to 13 seconds and overflows to group2 first and group3 second (both grp2 and grp3 added, in order, to the overflow tab in grp1).
Group2- Members users1, user2, and user3, VM off, timeout set to 13 seconds.
Group3- Member user4, user4 is set to forward unconditional to the AA.

This rings both ring groups for 13 seconds, then forwards to the AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back