Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

announcement problem 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy993x19

Technical User
Jul 9, 2004
US
Hi all....I inherited a avaya system that has had multiple administrators over many years..I was having one of my people record the announcments in order to have one voice and also be able to cross utilize announcments over different departments. When she had completed the task I had 20 seconds of space left on the board. One of the announcements was 20 seconds long, but would cut off after 4 seconds..I tried to have her rerecord it, but now it won't let her record anything. When the announcment is deleted, I have 40 seconds on the board. When she tries to record, it takes the 40 seconds and I get 1/100th of a second announcement...any help would be appreciated. Also, how do I tell what board I have?

To find your board, do a list integrated. That will show you your board location and the amount of time on each one. To find out the Tn ##do a list configuration board 0####. That will list it for you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Typical issue of the TN750's.
When you re-record without deleting the announcement you lose space.
This will not show up anywhere, and the only way to claim it back is format the board and re-record again.
Delete from the phone not through the management terminal!
Worst case you end up with a corrupted board.
Make sure that the people that do the recording delete announcements before they re-do an announcement.Usually they just re-record because they made an error while recording.

We deleted before we recorded...based on what I've found, I suspect the board is corrupted...what do I do now?

We had the same problem. A red light will be on the board meaning it's most likely corrupted.
As telcoguy say's you could format the board, but this means losing ALL the other Announcements you may have.

lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back