Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALoha printer wont print

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfs1225

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2011
US
Hey all,

I have a 3 computer pos system and everything was working fine until today with our printers...however when my night shift came in they informed me that the printer on our deck pos was not working and was flashing error every couple seconds...i was able to get rid of the error message and the printer even printed 1 check before stopping again, now its not flashing any error message but it is not printing...i did a printer test and it came out

9600bps
8 bits
Even
1 Bit or more
and then Handshaking (busy condition) [DipS/W 2-4]
Offline or Recieve buffer full

I have no idea where to go from here, i have switched printers out, wires out, nothing is working....Help please!!!

Sounds like the cutter is having problems. Will print one ticket when the cutter tries to cut, it errors out. Check the knife section for paper pieces, take an air hose to it and blow it out really good.

Cheers,
Coorsman

the cutters need lubrication too, especially if it's left outside.

If you've switched printers with a known good, and it still has this problem, change the power supply brick. It couls also easily be the source of the problem.

I had a similar problem last month with an Epson U220 remote printer. It was the power supply for the printer after I tried everything else. Take the power supply from one of the other working printers, run a test and see what that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back